Wednesday, April 3, 2013

Final Images

Two days left in Merida.  We are pretty much housebound these last few days with the temperatures over 100 and the humidity much higher than we care for!  I thought we would post a few photos that we haven't gotten around to posting.

First:  Walking the sidewalks of  Mexico can be quite a challenge.  You must always watch where you step.

Now this doesn't look too bad excel[pt that that pile still contains a Christmas Tree!  It may be there for months more







These are large and heavy

AND FALL FROM TREES!








AND THE THINGS WE WILL NEVER FORGET!

The excellent documentary we saw in San Cristobal on the life of Fidel Castro


The World class symphonies @ Teatro Contreas in Merida


The Puppet show in San Cristobal


CARNIVAL!




The Kids
Dressed for Carnival

After we acted appropriately frightened, this little guy told us, "I'm not really scarey, I'm just a kid!"  He had a terrible time understanding how I could be an adult and not be able to speak Spanish well!

                                    







The quirky mannikins




The Panderias and all the Sweet Goodies





Signing off from Mexico.  See you soon!  Lynne & Jerry
Hey!  At least this one has a toilet seat!

No comments:

Post a Comment