Following are some photos of some of the Folk Art for sale here so you can see what is available and what prices are. These were in higher-end stores and the prices are not negotiable.
 |
| This is a typical piece of folk art displaying the story of life. It is actually called El Arbol de Boda or The Tree of the Wedding. I took photos of each section starting with the wedding at the bottom and have more detailed fotos of each "story" below - the handwork is quite intricate and the piece stands about 2" tall |
 |
| The Wedding |
|
 |
| More detail from the piece |
|
 |
| Then of course the baby and its baptism |
 |
| And Finally death and grief |
|
|
Once again, the full piece
 |
| And the price is.... $1,765 |
 |
| You do the math! Exchange rate is about 12.6 pesos to the dollar. |
 |
| Equates to about $240 U.S. Dollars |
 |
| Jaguars used to roam this area freely so they are a popular theme in local art. |
|
|
 |
| About $40 |
 |
| This is a metal door knocker at a cost of about $100 (U.S.) |
 |
| Now this hat comes in at $175.... I don't think the rest of these items are overpriced and still think we can get a "fine" hat for around $85 |
|
 |
| I really like this one and may have to go back for her! |
 |
| I guess I didn't get the price on this - think it was around $95 |
|
|
No comments:
Post a Comment